Kozar Engineering provides engineering services to municipalities, local businesses and institutional facilities such as schools, ministry offices, police detachments, seniors’ residences and correctional facilities.
The staff of Kozar Engineering hold valid security clearances and understand the processes of public procurement.
Kozar Engineering has extensive experience working with owners and contractors on the following:
- Mechanical, structural, electrical and controls system design
- Procurement support including the preparation of equipment specifications, tender packages, bid evaluations and payment certification
- Contract administration and construction technical support
- Building condition assessments
- Studies and audits
- Lakehead District School Board
- Rainy River District School Board
- City of Thunder Bay
- Oliver Paipoonge Municipality
- Thunder Bay Port Authority
- St. Joseph’s Care Group
- Township of Nipigon
- Ministry of Natural Resources
Previous projects include:
Water Storage Building and System
Kozar Engineering completed the engineering, detailed design, contract assistance, and construction support for the construction of a new water supply building at an Ontario border crossing Visitor Center. The water storage building housed a 2,500 gallon water tank, distribution pumps, pressure tank, and associated instrumentation. Communications with the appropriate ministries and stakeholders was continuous to ensure that the new building met the goals of the project. The Visitor Center now has an independent reliable water source that will meet the staff and visitor’s needs.
Local School HVAC Upgrades
Kozar Engineering completed the detail design and contract administration for a HVAC upgrade project at a local school. The design included design work to the boilers, piping, heaters, roof top unit and BAS. Contract administration services were provided during the tendering and construction phases.