Intermediate Electrical Engineer
We are looking to hire a full time Intermediate Electrical Engineer to join the Kozar Engineering team. The candidate will provide electrical engineering support to the project team and help ensure that technical excellence, cost, schedule, and contractual requirements are achieved.
This is a great opportunity for an intermediate level Electrical Engineer who is energetic, enthusiastic about new challenges (technical and non-technical), able to communicate well with others, and is proactive. Our team is dynamic and collaborative – if this description fits what you are looking for in your career, please apply!
Collaborate with the team and support in the execution of:
- Completing electrical engineering activities with the objective of meeting the defined contractual scope to the relevant codes, standards, and company procedures.
- Performing detailed reviews of project electrical design specifications, design and standard detail drawings, and electrical engineering calculations as required.
- Creation of engineering/project documents as well as answering RFIs (Requests for Information), stamp, and issue drawings.
- Preparing and/or reviewing electrical engineering documentation including, low & medium voltage distribution systems, power distribution centres, motor control centres, DC battery systems, lighting design, fire alarm & life safety systems and network & communication systems.
- Developing project design criteria, design basis, and electrical specifications.
- Developing project deliverable including: single line diagrams, schematics, wiring diagrams, cable tray layouts, cable schedules, junction box layouts, bill of materials, lighting and grounding layouts, control panel layouts, instrument layouts and instrument indices.
- Assisting in document preparation, including but not limited to reports, tender documents and proposals;
- Conducting site investigations and field work in industrial settings as required; and
Communicating with project managers, engineers, clients and various suppliers.
- Providing electrical designers with modifications to technical drawings and work plans according to engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria for design team.
- Reviewing and ensuring required corrections are completed by designers and meets project standards. Identifying any slippages to schedule or budget and report to Projects group to make changes accordingly.
- Remaining current with developing technologies in both electrical engineering and control/instrumentation technologies used.
- Completion of other relevant duties as required.
Experience & Academic Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university.
- 5 – 10 years Electrical Engineering experience with industrial facilities an asset.
- Professional Engineering designation (P.Eng.) in good standing with PEO is a must.
- Additional licenses in other jurisdictions would be considered an asset.
- Familiarity with the Ontario Electrical Safety Code and Canadian Electrical Code;
- Familiar with the development of P&IDs, DBMs, single line diagrams, and other key design documents.
- Working knowledge of CAD design software and standards would be an asset.
- Valid class G driver’s license
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite programs used to create reports and documents.
Competencies & Skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Client service oriented.
- Proactive with an eagerness to learn.
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and time management skills.
- Analytical thinker and strong problem solving skills.
- Dependable self-starter.
Job is performed in an office environment; occasional travel may be required.
Interested candidates are to send resumés to Jenny Franklin at email@example.com
*We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.